Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Catching Up

This post was from Aug. 23:  Cameron has been in the field for the past two weeks so I've been getting adjusted to single parenting with an infant. We've definitely had our chaotic moments, more this week than last, but overall, I think I'm managing well. I usually just put off the extra stuff till they are all in bed. Anna goes down by 9 so that's when I race around and finish up laundry, cleaning up dinner, shower for myself, etc. Both David and Presley were in tears when Cameron left last week. He got to come home on the weekend, though, so they were really excited to see him. Now, Presley has a calendar and knows when he'll be home again.  We have been busy while he's been gone. Enjoying lots of play time outside before it gets cold again. Anna loves being outside! Presley has made up a new version of Mother May I that she draws with chalk on the driveway and her and I usually play this in the afternoons.
David still LOVES wearing helmets and is starting to learn how to ride Presley's bike.
I guess since Cameron isn't home, the kids weren't getting their regular Dunkin Donuts fix, so they asked to go there one morning.
This was one day... I just had to take a picture because they both just kept screaming. Poor Anna, hers was cause I had coffee that morning and it just turns her stomach upside down. Not really sure why David was so upset...probably the incisors he's finally cutting!
He has been in a biting phase lately, so in addition to time out, he has started losing a toy.  He lost his new motorcycle and his car ramp one day and he was so happy when he got them back the next day.
He watched some bigger kids at the park one day playing in the sand pit with their trucks and he wanted to play with them so badly! I let him take a truck this week to the sand pit and he was in heaven! 
Sweet Anna napping in the Bjorn at the park.
We had a visit from Wayne this week while he was in town on business.
We are having fun, but we are so excited for Cameron to get home this weekend!! We may need to tag-team naps cause I know he's not sleeping much in the field. At least it's not snowing on him there right now. Presley thinks it's crazy that he's sleeping outside. During her prayers tonight, she prayed for all the soldiers who were sleeping outside that they would stay warm and that Daddy would have a good day at work tomorrow. Such a sweetheart!

No comments: