Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Anna's 2 Months

Anna had her 2 month check up yesterday. She weighs 10lbs, 9oz, 22.3" long and 15" head circumference. She is just at 50th% in every category and growing well. She is rolling over, cooing, smiling tons! She loves making eye contact and "talking" to people, especially Presley and David. She doesn't like to be held as much as she enjoys laying on a mat and kicking. I think this feels good on her stomach to just stretch out. She's had some fussiness due to gas lately. I've started the mylicon drops, but I realized it's only when I drink coffee that she gets it really bad- where she'll scream for hours. So, I've quit drinking coffee and all caffeine for now. Hopefully, she will grow out of this because there are some days I really need it! Thankfully, I am not a daily coffee drinker.

The cutest thing she does is hold her hair. She will get a grip on it when she's trying to go to sleep or when she's starving and starts eating. It's so funny and cute. Presley used to rub the top of her sleep sack when she was tired, it reminds me of that. I just love that it's her hair! She hasn't lost any of it and is actually starting to get lots of new baby hair right on her hair line. She may be getting a haircut way earlier than our other children!
Trying to catch a pic of her smiling
Brother giving her hugs
 As many pictures as I have of her sleeping, you would think she slept all day. This is not the case! She cat naps during the day. They are usually no longer than 15 minute naps. She is sleeping pretty good at night. She goes to bed at 8:30 or 9, then usually gets up around 1 or 2 for the first feeding. It's usually every 2 hours after that. She still eats every 1.5 hours during the day. She is a very mellow baby. She will let me shower, dry my hair and get dressed before she really gets fussy in her chair. She just doesn't like being in her car seat for long periods of time. She loves when Presley sings to her and talks to her. Presley is the best "babysitter." She is so helpful with Anna and tells everyone all about her baby sister.  
Anna falling asleep during tummy time
 Best picture I could get of her holding her hair while eating.
We love you, Anna! I can't imagine our world without you!

2 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

I can't believe she is 2 months old! I had to give up caffeine (and dairy) with Owen also! Brutal! Good for you though:) She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Loved catching up on the blog.....the pictures are wonderful. Had a great visit....miss them already.

Love to all!
G