Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Presley at 4.5

 How can she already be 4.5?? And looking like a teenager here!?! Presley continues to make us so proud every day! She is such a sweet little person with a huge heart! She loves to be around her friends and family. She takes such great care of all of us, especially Anna. She is the best babysitter and so attentive if Anna is crying while I'm cooking dinner - Presley is right there trying to calm her down and give her the pacifier.
She is going to preschool three days a week and has made some great friends in her class. She is very social once she is comfortable with people around her. She loves school and loves to be around other kids. She takes tap and ballet once a week and is really good. She is very excited for her recital this spring. She has the best manners and is very friendly and polite. 

Her favorite things to do are: eat out (anywhere, but especially Olive Garden), play dress-up, play Barbies or My Little Pony, read books and color. Right now, she's very into making books for everyone. She will have me staple the paper together and fold it like a book, then she'll put a title on it, color the inside with a story. I help her spell the words and she'll write The End on the back page. Today she started making a book for me of all the animals she can draw. I hope she never loses her creativity and passion for coloring and drawing. She loves to write letters or draw pictures to mail to all our family. 

She also loves to dance. I'll turn on pandora a lot throughout the day and she will dance like crazy to her Disney songs. She also knows all the words to most songs on the radio and her disney ones. One of her favorite Christmas gifts was an Ipod from G and D that had a lot of her favorite pop songs on it. I'll hook it up to the docking station and she just goes crazy. Anna just stares at her and laughs while she dances, it's very entertaining. 

She is very sweet and loving to both Anna and David. She loves having a baby around and really enjoys being my helper with Anna and David. She is very patient with David and loves it when he plays with her. She loves coming up with games and he will just follow her around and try to reenact what she's doing or playing. 

I can't believe she'll be starting kindergarten next year. I know she's ready for it and will thrive in school. She loves the instruction and knowing and following the rules. She loves to learn and has really enjoyed doing the preschool workbooks we pick up for her. She's already very good at phonics and spelling/sounding out words. She is very excited to go to a new school and start kindergarten. 

She still enjoys picking out her clothes in the morning. I try to guide her on some choices, then I let her accessorize. She usually has on a necklace, bracelet, sticker earrings and a headband by the time she's ready to leave the house. 

She loves to "surprise" me and Cameron by cleaning the house. If I even mention they need to pick up, she'll say ok mama, you go in the kitchen and don't look and she'll run around till everything is put away. She has such a sweet nature and giving personality- she makes me so proud!  I am going to miss spending my days with her next year, but I know she will thrive in school! Love you so much, Pres!

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

I miss this little girl so much!! Still can't believe yall have been gone longer than when you were here w/ Presley. That baffles me. Love all your semi-frequent visits here though. She sure is beautiful - you're an awesome mommy!