Monday, February 3, 2014

2014

2014 has started off to be a great year! We have enjoyed a lot of family time. It's been really nice to have Cameron home for a few long weekends and snow days.  We took the kids bowling one morning. 
He loves the air blowing on his face and hair.
 Anna is eating two meals a day. She eats lunch and dinner. She still doesn't love oatmeal or rice cereal, but she loves carrots, prunes, apples, sweet potatoes, winter squash, pears... pretty much everything except peas. I've tried to feed her a few puffs and she's very suspicious right now. She loves to drink from her cup. She also still loves textures- especially paper! She is in the grabby stage right now where she grabs anything she can while I'm holding her. 
 She loves sitting in the grocery carts now.  She sits up really well on her own, but is way too comfortable with having the boppy behind her cause she will all of a sudden throw herself backwards into it. 
 We've had some pretty cold, snowy weather lately. The kids have enjoyed some snuggle time watching movies.
 They have some great moments when they play so well together! I love these times! They truly are each others best friends these days. 
 We've played in the snow a lot!  So thankful my mom bought them snowsuits before we moved here- we have really needed them!
David and I met some friends at a bounce house last week while Presley was in school. I love taking him to do fun things while she is in school and getting to enjoy some time focusing on him (and Anna, but she usually naps once in the morning so he can have some one on one time).
 Getting ready to brave the cold!
 Helping mommy shovel. I have never shoveled a driveway before living here, but it's actually not as hard as I thought it would be.
 We've had lots of dance parties!
 David went to the dentist for the first time last week. He did pretty well.  Presley went first and that helped that he got to watch her. She loves the dentist and was so sweet telling him what was happening. I promised them if he did well, they'd get McDonalds for lunch. The whole time we were at the dentist, David kept saying "cheeburger and juice." He finished his whole Happy Meal that day!
 Snuggling watching Cars
 Presley and I met our friends Kendra and Karlee at the Sophia and Jake Disney Live show on Sunday. She wore her amulet and had a great time.  It was so cute watching them sing the theme songs and wave to all the characters.  That pink cotton candy was gone in about 5 minutes!
 I found this color sheet in her backpack after school this week. I love that she wrote David's name over the little boy... so sweet!
 David is still quite the daddy's boy!  
I forgot to mention in my last blog update of David some things I wanted to document:
-His new word is "Al-right." If I tell him something, he'll reply "Al-right mama." He draws it out and it's so funny!
-He says "Um" more than any toddler I've ever met.
-He still sings himself to sleep, but he now says the right words to Ba Ba Black Sheep, instead of his Ba Ba Black Sheep, Inee, nee, Mama, Dada, Anna, Pres, David...
-He also has to have a car, motorcycle, train, something watch him go night night or eat. He will carry them upstairs and set them on the dresser opposite his bed or set them on my lazy susan on the kitchen table to watch him. He thinks it's so funny and this has somehow become part of our bedtime ritual. 
 Future Beta- wanted a koozie on his sippy cup like Daddy had during the Super Bowl
 And sweet Anna! Love her cheeks!

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

so cute!! love all your updates.. glad to see yall are all doing well and staying busy, despite the cold weather... yucky here all week :(

Lea Smith said...

Caught up on last few entries. You're so great about documenting their days. It helps me feel like I'm not so far away! They look so grown in the pictures. What sweet babies they are. Hurry up, April!
I love you all,
G