Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Updates

Anna update:
-She rolled from back to front last weekend and now won't stop. I wasn't thinking she'd crawl soon, but now she seems to be enjoying rolling and scooting all over the place. I think she may be mobile sooner than I had thought. 
-Eating meats in jars, prefers to eat and pick up chunks of food over the jars, likes avocados so far the best
-She loves to nurse, more than any of my other kids! She will nurse, put her paci in, nurse repeatedly till she falls asleep. She doesn't enjoy being rocked anymore and fights it most of the time.
-Takes 1-2 naps a day, usually around 11 and again around 2pm. Then, sleeps 6:30-7am, usually waking once or twice to eat. 
-Loves waving when people tell her hello and loves clapping, especially for Presley and David when they do something I'm excited about. 

David update:
-still loves cars/stuffed animals to watch him go night night and eat all meals
-loves to drink apple juice! I've been pretty lenient with his food since he needs to gain some weight. He enjoys Happy Meals and brownies at Barnes and Noble lately. He loves to go to Barnes and Noble to play the train table and begs me to turn left out of Presley's school so we head there. I usually have to bribe him to go to one store or on one errand with me first, then promise him trains.
-loves shoes, still! Every morning, he walks in my room with his slippers on. Then, he'll get dressed and put on a different pair of shoes, usually Presley's. Tonight, he tried on her tap shoes for the first time and did a dance for us. 
-loves to sing! Sings us all to sleep and wakes us up singing. Presley is really into Frozen right now and he sings all the Frozen songs with her (which usually annoys her). 
-loves to go potty and goes every time I sit him up there.  He is so proud of himself and usually tells me, "move back, pee pee coming out". Very considerate of him... 
-He is all over the bed at nighttime. You never know what position you will find him in. He also usually is still awake when Presley has been asleep for a while. They still talk a good bit before bed, but it's really sweet to listen to.
-They have been playing SO well lately! I know I'm jinxing it, but he will ask her to play cars with him and they will take it all into the living room and play so well together for hours. This just makes me happy!! I love listening to them playing so sweetly and using their imaginations together. They really are each others best friends and I'm so thankful they have each other.
-he can dress and undress himself and is so proud to show me! He gets mad if I try to help him, "Me do it" usually comes out. He also puts on his shoes all by himself. He has grown up so quickly! 

Right after rolling onto her stomach for the first time... think she surprised herself!
 Riding the ice cream truck at the mall
 My sweet big girl! Can't believe she's almost 9 months old!?!
 The Daytona 500 was on last weekend and David was mesmerized.
 Made a pallet on the floor to watch the cars go by. No surprise- his favorite car is the M and M one. That is still the only treat treat he enjoys. He still won't eat ice cream or a milkshake... he will probably be like Cameron and just not a sweet eater.
 We took all the kids to the movies last weekend to see Frozen (Presley's third time)! It actually went really well. David sat in his seat the whole time and loved the movie. Presley wore her Elsa dress with gloves and said she wouldn't take off her gloves till Elsa did in the movie. I love her sweet imagination and how into everything she gets!  Anna did decently despite being over tired and fighting sleep.

2 comments:

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Rach, you are such a rock star mama!!! Military husband working all crazy hours & you've got everyone happy & taken care of! 3 kids under 5!! Looks like ya'll have been having fun! Can't wait until your next visit.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

agree w/ meredith. you make it look way too easy and effortless. :))