Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Sweet Girl

Presley is so full of personality these days! I had no idea how girly she was going to be till the past year. She is so into princesses, fairies, painting her nails, wearing dresses (princesses don't wear shorts apparently), dancing, wearing lots of jewelry, wearing her glass slippers daily.

I really didn't expect her to be like this since I'm not very girly, but I guess that doesn't matter. On that same note, she also acts more like a teenager than I ever expected a 3 year old to act. We get lots of "UGH" folding her arms and marching off to her room. I didn't mind her picking out her clothes at first, but when it was the same dress everyday, I started to push shorts and other outfits. Since David was born, she has insisted on me putting her to bed. I don't mind, but it's become quite a process. We say prayers, tell a story and sing a song. But after that, she started to stall and beg me to stay with her, give her water, the list goes on and on. Well, we have now implemented two new systems... I lay out two outfits for her each morning and she gets to choose which one she wants to wear. I also let her do her accessorizing, which she loves. It's going pretty well, although she was not amused today when both her choices were shorts. She came around, though, and even told me, "I do look pretty in this." I don't know what gave her the sense that she's only pretty in dresses, but we are really trying to reinforce you're pretty in everything.

The other new system is at nighttime. Cameron created a princess chart and if she goes to bed with no whining, she gets a sticker in the morning. Today, she was very proud to put her sticker up. Hopefully, things will continue to go well on both fronts.

We went to storytime today and she did make me laugh.... the teacher had the students go around the room and say their names. She said, "Presley Elizabeth Smith" and it was precious! I love seeing her come out of her shell and be such a big kid!



I also wanted to document this week cause I think she is finished with naptime. The past few weeks she hasn't been sleeping during naptime. We started just having her rest and giving her a book to read for an hour and a half.  I think we are officially done with an actual naptime.  How did she get so big...  

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

WHAT !!!!! Presley is supposed to be the one who naps until she's 20 !! Seriously. That shocks me. Granted, we've been done with nap time for almost a year now, but still. I think as long as their "rest time" syncs up with babies' nap time, then all is still right .. and it makes for an earlier bedtime. Now when both stop napping, that will be a scary day :) Love the super girly pics, Pres !