Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baby David Week 1

David is now 11 days old! He already looks bigger to me... I'm really trying to enjoy this infant stage because he is already growing and changing quickly and I know he'll be a little kid before I know it!  We're doing really well at home. The first week of his life we spent at the house. Cameron played a lot with Presley and helped me a lot around the house.  Mallie was here all week helping me get caught up on sleep, cooking, running our errands, etc. I don't know what we would've done without all her help. Dallie got to come spend a few days with us, too! I know he's tired from driving them to GA from TN, flying back to Dallas, flying back to GA then driving back to TX. We really appreciate all their help and traveling back and forth. 

Lea and Rachel got to come back in town, too, to visit us and Baby David. It was so nice that Rachel was able to come visit us so quickly after he was born. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful, supportive family who will do anything for us!

Well, onto the pictures of my sweet boy! He's such a good boy- giving me 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night and still nursing like a champ! He really only cries when he's hungry, which I can't really argue with. He is slowly starting to be awake a little more during the daytime. I think Cameron and I are both shocked at how many diapers this little guy goes through in a day! It is unreal!! Changing a boy diaper took me a few days and several accidents later to accomplish, but I think I finally have the hang of it. We love you, Baby David! You are the perfect addition to our family!
Daddy is already teaching him how to play the XBOX.
 Cameron gave him his first bottle on Saturday. Probably not the best idea to do it while watching Auburn lose to Georgia, but maybe it helped make the game seem not quite as bad...
 Cameron had to work Sunday and Mallie and Dallie left that morning to go back to Texas so I officially had my first day with 2 kids. It went surprisingly well (once I got over how tired I was). My only struggle was that Presley kept asking to go play outside. I was a little hesitant to take him cause Presley had some bad bug bites last week from playing at our park so instead I got her to paint some pictures. She was wonderful for me all day! I was so proud of her... she's a great big sister! She loves helping burp David and loves to see if his eyes are open or closed.
 This is how David spent most of our first day together... pretty easy when they sleep so much!

1 comment:

The Denney Family said...

SO cute! I'm glad his first football game was such a good one :)