Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

Since I didn't take many pictures on Thanksgiving Day, this is really more a post of what we've been doing since Baby David was born. Things have been going really well, definitely busy. We sure didn't do anything fast before, but now we really don't go anywhere quickly. I can pretty much plan one morning activity (grocery, one errand, etc.) and that's all I can do before Presley's lunch and naptime at 1:30. Sounds pretty ridiculous, but it's definitely true. I haven't even taken many pictures lately, so I'm definitely going to work on that. Here's Pres and David snuggling in her bed.
David had his 2 week check-up and weighed 7lbs, 9 oz. He is doing wonderful!! He's a pretty easy baby. Loves his paci already, just like his sister. He loves to watch her. The other day all 3 of us were in my bathroom while I was getting ready. Presley kept bringing him toys. He just stared at her. She is a really good big sister. She constantly wants to know where he is and if he's crying, she loves to give him his paci...sometimes a little forcefully, so we're learning that only mommy and daddy get to do that. 

 This is Thanksgiving morning when she was watching the parade. She was so excited. We stayed in Columbus for Thanksgiving this year because Cameron had to work. Although, it's not like we could really go anywhere with a 2 week old anyway...
 We ate lunch with Cameron's troop in the DFAC. Presley walked in and said it was beautiful when she saw all the Thanksgiving decorations. This is Cameron's First Sergeant and his wife (giving David his bottle while we ate). 
 Presley had a big time going through the buffet line and picking out whatever she wanted. (Wish we had gotten a family picture, but I was just happy I got all three of us showered and dressed that morning to meet Cameron on time.) I did cook a Thanksgiving dinner that night for our little family of four. I did not attempt a turkey (maybe one year), but made some sides and a dessert. It actually turned out better than I thought!
 Here's some more pictures of my sweet boy. He is 1 month old today! I cannot believe how fast he's growing. I'm definitely trying to soak up this infant stage while it lasts. He weighed 8lbs, 14oz at his 1 month check up this week and he's already outgrown his newborn clothes.
 Doing some tummy time.
Presley in her police officer hat. This is apparently what I look like when we leave the house now... car seat in one hand, diaper bag in other.
 Her new Christmas jammies from Grandma Debbie. She loved reading the shirt.
 I wish I had been better at taking pictures of all our visitors these past few weeks. Lea, David and Rachel came down for the Iron Bowl. Grandmom stayed with us and was David's first babysitter last week! And one of my best friends, Lindsey, drove over from Montgomery with her two kids to play one day. We have loved having all the company! Mallie is flying in tomorrow for a week and we couldn't be more excited!

3 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

David is so cute and I'm glad to hear Presley is doing so well with him. I love the picture of her with the carseat and diaper bag!

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Rach- Good post!! Baby David is just so tiny & sweet!!
There were a lot of truthful things in this post...one errand a morning, getting all 3 of you ready & out the door in time, & the carseat diaper bag combo. Been there, done ALL that!! Miss you!! Keep your camera handy so we can see more pics of Pres & baby David!!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

most adorable, precious family ever!! and cannot wait to see you guys soon...xxoo