Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baby David

Baby David Cameron Smith IV was born on Friday, Nov. 4, 2011 at 6:22pm. He was 7lbs even, 19" long and absolutely perfect! I was induced Friday morning at 6am at Martin Army Community Hospital at Fort Benning. Everything went pretty smooth for the most part. I definitely felt these contractions more than I did with Presley, but thankfully, everything went fine overall. He weighed 6lbs, 14oz by the time we left the hospital. I'm sure that had nothing to do with his marathon feeding the night before we left. This little boy loves to eat and definitely knows how to go through some diapers. He's doing really well already, we are very lucky!!
 My sweet little boy!!
                                      
 Lea and David came down Thursday night to be there for everything on Friday. 
 David the II and David the IV
 Grandmom was there for David's birthday, too!
 Our first picture together... 
I was so happy to finally get to meet him!

                                      
 Three generations of DCS!





 Ready to go home!
 Craig, Charelette and Caden stopped by Sunday afternoon when we came home from the hospital. We are so glad they were able to come meet David so soon and can't wait for the rest of the family to meet him!

 Mallie, Dallie and Presley got back in town late Sunday night and are here all week playing with Pres and David!

 Presley meeting her baby brother. She was a little hesitant at first.. it could have been all the traveling she did that day, partying she did this weekend or the sniffles that she had. Anyway, she warmed up after an hour playing with her toys and settling back down at the house. She now loves to look and see if his eyes are open or closed. She talks about him all day- introducing him to her favorite TV shows, making him some food out of her play kitchen and wanting to know what he's up to throughout the day. She's been a very big girl and I'm proud of her!

 David got his first bath Monday night. Presley was so funny watching him bathe. She tried to soothe him while he was crying. I think she'll be a good helper for me!
 Snuggling with his dada!
 Yes, we've already started the paci or babu as Presley called it. He is nursing like a champ, but really likes to eat hourly overnight. I busted out the paci this week to try to get him to go longer between feedings. I'm happy to report that last night, he slept great! He gave me a 4 hour stretch and it made such a difference! We were having an issue with him peeing straight out of his diaper. It truly was amazing- he would manage to wet the onesie and pj's, but not touch the diaper.... thankfully his daddy and my friend Lindsey suggested going up a size in diapers and it totally fixed the problem! We went from changing 3 outfits in 2 hours to no changes last night! 
 Proud big sister photo session









 Presley's funny face always makes an appearance in pictures these days.


Welcome to the world, Baby David! 
We love you so much and can't wait to watch you continue to grow!!

5 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

Oh Rachel, David is just beautiful!! I loved the pictures of Presley holding him, so sweet. You look great! I can't believe he was eating every hour, way to go on giving him the paci. So happy for you guys.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

oh wow, this is by far my most favorite post from you. He is truly one of the most BEAUTIFUL (sorry Cameron, I mean handsome) babies I've ever seen.. the pictures w/ big sister and little brother are so precious.. they make me happy! and cameron looks sooo happy and proud to finally have a little boy :)

Elaina said...

Love all the pictures, especially the ones of them in their big sis, little bro shirts! David is quite a handsome little guy! I think he looks a little bit like Presley (or you, I guess), but I definitely see more of Cameron in him. Sweet baby boy!!

Anyway, congratulations to all of you! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Second to last pic is my favorite!! Can't wait to snuggle baby DC! Lookin good Tachy, glad you bounced back so quickly!
Emmy

Reagan and Patty Boone said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable and Presley looks like she is going to be a great big sis!