Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our First Baby Shower!!

We had our first baby shower this past weekend, thanks to our great hostesses Emily, Elizabeth and Mary. My college friends Abby and Kristin flew in to surprise me and boy was I surprised!!! I am so glad we finally got to catch up and meet Abby's new little boy, William! Thank you all so much for coming!! It was such a fun weekend together. My sister, Amelia, also flew in for the shower and for Dad's birthday on Saturday. And, my cousin Brittany flew in Friday night!! I haven't seen her in forever and that was so fun!! Debbie and Lindsey both came in town too to visit and see baby Liam! It was great to have all the family and friends here for the weekend.


It was so much fun and Presley got so many wonderful things. Thank you everyone for all the thoughtful gifts!! She got some precious clothes, a giraffe lovie (that Grannie would have loved!) some toys, blankies, grooming kits, diaper bag, her crib bedding and mattress, a lot of the essentials! (Oh and Brittany got her this precious Auburn cheerleader outfit! I'm sure she'll have this on Sept. 5 and every Saturday until she grows out of it.) We are so lucky to have such great friends and family.




Here's Amelia and Brittany listening to my stomach and feeling Presley's kicks.



Here's Liam on the right and Abby's little boy, William- they're new friends! It was so cute watching them play with each other.
We are 29 weeks along, so we've been really busy getting ready for her arrival. We start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. Everything is looking good so far. Presley is about 3 pounds now.



We started our childbirth preparation class this week, too. While Cameron is less than thrilled, I'm glad we're going. We're doing the infant care, infant CPR, breastfeeding and basic childbirth information. We totally had to watch a video last night, but hopefully that was a one time deal. We really are getting closer to her arrival- We'll keep you posted as she continues to grow and send more nursery pictures soon!

3 comments:

Charelette Rae said...

How much fun! Wish I could have been at your shower! I love the AU cheerleading outfit! Presley is going to look too cute in it!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for little Miss Presley to come!!!!!!! I need to come over and check out the nursery soon! I love all the pics - it's coming along nicely :)
xoxox ~

Charelette Rae said...

Hey Rachel and Cam, This is Craig. I like your webpage. Glad you had a good shower. Talk to you later.