Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Field Day, Disney on Ice and my 6 mos old boy

Presley's school had Field Day last week. They all wore tie-dyed shirts with her school colors and participated in games in the field outside the church. We weren't positive she was going to be able to go cause I had to pick her up early from school on Thursday. She had cold symptoms, but was complaining her ear hurt at school. She did end up having an ear infection, but seemed much better by Friday morning. She loved all the games and always loves seeing her friends from school.
 Relay with an egg in a spoon
 David hung out with Cameron most of the day.
 Bean Bag toss
 Digging for sea creatures, as Presley calls them
 Picnic lunch
 We went to Disney on Ice Saturday night. She LOVED it, I mean more than the circus, which is saying a lot! She was mesmerized in the beginning and jumped up and down during a lot of it. As we were leaving, she was asking when we could go back. 
 For a baby who squirms non-stop, he was also mesmerized during the first half of the show. He didn't move in my lap for almost 45 minutes... gotta be a record!
 She was wired after the show... being silly in the parking lot dancing to her princess songs.
 Cameron wore his grandfather's Mickey Mouse shirt. It was really sweet and Presley got a kick out of him having Mickey on his shirt.
 David will be 6 months old in 2 days. It makes me sad how fast he is growing up. We had a big milestone this week- most of you know I rock my babies to sleep. Well, I've been rocking him and not putting him in his crib for his naps. I was putting him in there, but since we went to Charleston for Amelia and Daniel's wedding, he's been really clingy and I've just been holding him. Well, this week we've finally gotten him to nap in his crib!! It's been wonderful and much needed for both of us. He is even doing a lot better when other people hold him. The Rish's came over this weekend to cookout and he let all of them hold him. I think we're over the worst of his separation anxiety/clinginess to me. On another note, he is doing so well eating his baby food. We've tried sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, pears and bananas. He doesn't like the bananas, but will eat all the others. I don't even have to trick him to open his mouth anymore. I started feeding him rice cereal when me and Pres eat lunch and a veggie or fruit when we eat dinner. He just opens his mouth right up while he stares at whatever we're eating.
 Presley had her 3 year well visit on Monday. Her ear infection is already cleared up, which is really good. She has passed all her 3 year milestones. She weighs 29lbs (34%) and is 3ft, 1" (50%).  She is doing well with all the motor skills for her age and they were pleased with her diet and how well she took direction from the doctor. She is definitely a big kid now and she gets excited about all the big kid things she gets to do. She picks out her jammies and underwear everynight, gets herself up and down to the potty, can put on most of her shoes, puts her dirty clothes in the laundry and rides her bike pretty well. I think her favorite thing to do right now is paint. She paints little patches at a time, wets her brush and changes color till she's covered the whole page. She gave David a bottle for the first time yesterday. I wasn't able to get a picture (since I was watching and helping), but she was so proud of herself. She tells me now if I have to run do something and leave him playing on the floor that she will babysit him. She's such a big helper!  She loves to hold him and make him laugh and he could watch her all day. He stares at her in the car and talks to her the whole time we're driving.  I am so blessed to have two wonderful children!!

No comments: