Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Derby 138

First, I have to mention that David said his first word last Wednesday night. Cameron was changing him back in the bedroom and told me that he said, "Dada."  The next morning when I was taking Presley to school, he said Dada clear as day! He's growing up too fast. He has started to eat a full jar every night at dinner... I can't wait to see what he weighs Friday at his 6 mos appointment.

Last weekend, Cameron and I got to go to the Derby with Mark, Julia, Mal and Dal!!!  I haven't been in years and Cameron has never been so we didn't really hesitate to make it happen. We had a wonderful time!!  Thank you so much to Mark and Julia for inviting us, styling me and just everything that weekend. We had a blast!  I am so thankful we have such wonderful in-laws who so willingly babysat both our babies all weekend (along with Caden Saturday night).  David even got up twice a night just to party with G instead of his usual once a night.
I am so not used to wearing a hat which explains why my head is tilted or you can't see my eyes in some pictures.
 The Boys celebrating their win on one of the races


 The Derby winner I'll Have Another.. can you tell how amazing our seats were!?! We were right by the finish line. It was awesome!
 After the races, Mark took us to the backside to visit Silver Max. He won a big race the day before at the Oaks. His stall is surrounded by other horses who won that Saturday...
 Shackleford
and Little Mike 
The backside is pretty cool.  It was really neat to see all the stables and see the horses up close like that on such a big day.  Thank you, Mark and Julia, for everything!! It was a once in a lifetime trip!! We had so much fun!

No comments: