Monday, March 5, 2012

Spouse Spur Ride

I participated in my first ever spouse spur ride!! Every Cav officer does a spur ride and they had a modified version for the wives to do this past weekend. It was a lot more fun than I thought...I was a little nervous. We had to line up in formations like privates, do a PT test (push-ups, sit-ups and a run- all were modified versions so not as tough as what the guys go through), participate in a team building training, obstacle courses, first aid training, shot a M2.50 Cal gun and did a paintball course through a small mock village. I really enjoyed the paintball! Although, my arm got tired from holding the gun. Definitely learned that not only do I not want to be a soldier, I'm not sure I could do the training and that I have no upper body strength! Here's some pictures Cameron took.
My other Bravo Troop teammates lined up for our PT test.
Not a cute action shot of push-ups.
Starting our run, thankfully it was only 1/2 mile. I'm not quite back up to my normal running since having David.
Presley congratulating me after the run. It rained the whole time we ran, so that was interesting...
Shooting turkeys on the computerized screen. This was an M2.50 Cal (this is what Cameron shot on his tank during his deployments.) My little bicep could barely pull the piece back to charge the weapon! I definitely could not be a loader on a tank!
Team building exercise (we didn't even finish cause it took us too long...oops!)
Getting my gear on for paintball!
Our Bravo troop ready to go!
Amber getting her certificate from the SCO.
Breanne, she was our first babysitter.
Cameron was so good... he took care of both babies the whole morning! He did a pretty good job, I will say! Everyone kept telling me how he seemed to have things under control with both of them.
It was a fun event, but glad it is over! It was a long day, but we celebrated that night at a wives' coffee with chair massages! 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Now you and Cam can threaten Pres' future boyfriends with pics of you shooting your guns :)

Lindsey Henig said...

You in the mask with the large gun...SCARY! And so hilarious. LOVED this post!!