Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day... a few weeks late

I am very late posting about our Valentine's Day.... it's been a busy, quick month!  I can't believe February is almost over.  Cameron is still working crazy long hours and every Saturday. We are SO looking forward to him starting the career course later in March and being home more. This job has been pretty demanding, but we've made some good friends and learned a lot. He got farewelled last night at a dinner at the Colonel's house. It was a Mardi Gras theme and actually a lot of fun. We had our first ever paid babysitter come over to watch BOTH kids. I completely trusted her and it was nice to know we have someone here if we need them (plus, we were only 2 minutes away so that made it a lot easier).  The kids did pretty well, she even got David asleep. He was not happy, though, when he woke up. He's definitely a mommy's boy!

I'll get back to Valentine's Day... we had a party at Presley's school, then a family party that night. Pres helped me make daddy's favorite, chicken parm for dinner. She got lots of packages in the mail! Thank you, family! She loves getting mail, especially packages and cards that have princesses on them. I wish I could remember exactly what she said opening the cards, but she loved them all!
 These are the contents of G and D's package. She LOVED all of it. She named the monkey Sam, then changed it to Emmalynn, her friend from school.
  Mallie had this oneside made especially for our second child. It fits him perfectly!
 Here's her school party.
 Singing a song about love and doing the motions.
 Making her valentine's day cookie.
 Playing musical chairs. She actually did pretty well, but did not want to leave when she got out. She had on a cute pink dress, but this is the green "princess" dress she wears everyday when she gets to school.   Her teacher said she takes off to go potty and she'll put it right back on.
 My happy boy!!
 Her treats from Mallie and Logan. The Belle t-shirt was a huge hit! It's a little 80's for my taste, but she loves it and would wear it everyday if I let her.
 We went to D and G's house later that week. Cameron had to go in the field for 10 days and I was headed to Vegas for the weekend for Amelia and Daniel's bachelor/bachelorette party. I really appreciate D and G keeping the kids!  I had a blast in Vegas! It was fun getting to see my sisters and all our friends! I can't believe their wedding is in 2 weeks... going to be so fun to see all the family!
Pres and David had a fun weekend in Birmingham! They got to hang out with Craig, Charelette, Caden and Grandmom.  Thank you, everyone, for all your help with the kids. It was so hard to leave them, but it was so comforting to know they were so well taken care of!
 Wearing one of Cameron's old t-shirts
 Went to the dr this morning, another ear infection :( Nothing a day of snuggling and movie watching can't fix.

No comments: