Wednesday, March 14, 2012

4 months old (and his first "baycation")

David turned 4 months old last week! Where does the time go!?! He is so grown up to me already... I don't like it! It's going so much faster this time than it did with Presley. Anyway, we had a good visit with his pediatrician last Tuesday. He's 13lbs, 11 oz (41th%, a percentile Presley never reached!), 24" length (40%) and 42.5" head circumference (70th%).... that last one is definitely bigger than Presley ever was, but coming from a family with large heads, I'm not shocked!  He is truly flourishing! He just today rolled over from tummy to back twice. He has found his toes the past few weeks and love to roll around on his back holding onto his feet. (As Presley says, "he likes playing with his piggies.") She is definitely his biggest fan, cheering him on while he does tummy time and being almost more excited than I was when he first rolled over. He is such a wonderful baby! Still very inconsistent at night (slept through the night 3 times total, but then last night up at 1am, 4:30am, 8am).  He is taking some short naps in his crib during the day. He usually sleeps about an hour after each meal, sometimes it's for 5 minutes, sometimes 45, just depends. I love you so much my little man! You make mommy so happy! 

Amelia and Daniel got married this past weekend in Charleston so David had his first "baycation" as Presley calls it. Mal and Lynn drove a bunch of wedding items over from TX and stopped at our house on their way to SC. 
 Pres had a little bit of a rough week... she would not nap in the hotel. It was probably because David was crying or making noise, but there was just no way I could convince her to close her eyes. Everyone who knows my child knows how much she loves food, especially desserts. She was so tired at the wedding that she fell asleep while eating her cake (I know... mother of the year)! That alone tells you how exhausted she was! I am so appreciative to my in-laws for coming to the wedding and helping with the kids so I could enjoy the wedding! They took Presley back to the hotel after the wedding and even watched after both kids Friday night while we went to the rehearsal dinner. Thank you, Lea and David!! It was so nice for me to get to be with Amelia during this time and get to have some fun!!

The kids did really well on the trip there. It was a 6 hour car ride that took us 8, but he really only cried out at the very end of the ride and it only lasted 10 minutes before he fell back asleep. He is already getting some bad separation anxiety, though. I thought for sure he wouldn't be as bad as Presley was early on since he's around so many different people every day, but he definitely prefers his mama! He will go to others if you keep him busy (ie, let him watch TV, look outside, look in a mirror, or something else to occupy him); otherwise, he would prefer for me to hold him 24/7. We're working on this, but for now, I don't really mind that he wants to be with me all the time :)
 Little man sleeping at the hotel in his pack and play... I swear, it looks like his neck is broken when he sleeps.
 Pres and Bryn reunited!
 I think this is the only family picture we got all weekend...
 This is really all the pictures I have of the whole weekend!! I will post more once I get them from Emily.  Until then, here's my sweet babies!!
 

3 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

super super duper sweet.. he's getting SO big !!! don't worry.. cate didn't sleep consistently thru the night till 6.5 months. :)
oh and you already look itty bitty again.. good job :)

Kerry Hegele said...

I LOVE the last picture. David is so darn cute, looks just like Presley. Glad you had fun at the wedding, what an exciting time for your family. Agree with Ashley, you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I will try to put my pictures on snapfish or facebook. I have lots! Enjoyed the wedding and spending time with everyone. Glad we could help and you got to go to this one! See you next week. Love love. G