Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Fun

We have had a really fun October and there's still a lot going on the rest of the month.  We went to the Oktoberfest on base last weekend.   Presley was very skeptical at first and really did not like the guys walking on stilts. She warmed up after we started throwing the beanbags and eating, naturally. Then, she got to pick a pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch, get a balloon animal and we couldn't get her out of the bounce houses.  Later that day, Cameron carved our Halloween pumpkin. Presley loves going out at night with him to light it.









We went trick-or-treating at the Library on Wed for storytime. I was so proud of Presley cause she acted like such a big girl. She's starting to become shy like I was, but she was not shy about saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" after she got her candy.
This morning, she had her Fall party at school. They all got to wear their costumes to school, enjoy a class breakfast, then trick-or-treat while playing festival games. I decided her dinosaur fleece costume was too hot since it's getting up to 80 today! I thought she'd love to wear her Minnie Mouse costume from last year, but it's too scratchy for her! She kept saying, "Mama, it hurts me" when she had the dress on. So, we finally settled on an Auburn cheerleader. She wasn't thrilled about this either, but I guess the scratchiness of the polyester finally wore off when she saw everyone else's costumes. It was so nice that I could stay with her today and watch her at school. I am so proud of how well she listens to her teachers and participates in class. Here she is at playtime before the party started.

Eating breakfast with all her friends. Who wouldn't want Chick-fil-A chicken minis and some purple koolaid to start their morning.


 Saying the blessing before she eats. I don't know if there is anything sweeter than watching your child fold their hands and close their eyes to pray... it was precious!

 I think Circle Time is her favorite part of school. She sang all the songs with her teacher (days of the week, weather song, etc.) and even guessed the letter of the day.

 Saying the morning prayer.


 Lining up to go to the festival. 
 Bean Bag toss
 Ring Toss, then getting her candy prize out of the bucket

 Fishing...this was her favorite game by FAR!

Digging for candy
Class picture
We are so excited that Mallie and Dallie are coming to town tomorrow! Hoping Baby David makes an early arrival before Dallie has to leave, but we'll see. Otherwise, Presley will head to Alex and Tippy's wedding in Nashville with Mallie next week. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Cameron and I are going to make it since the baby will be really young or I could possibly still be pregnant. I am really not happy to miss my brother's wedding, but I don't think there's really any way around it at this point.... who would have thought the timing would work out like this.  I am glad Presley will be there to get to see all the family and be their flower girl.

I go back to the dr early next week. So far, Baby David seems to be pretty content where he is. I'm hoping I'll be somewhat dilated by next week. Thankfully, we have lots going on to keep us busy and get my mind off being pregnant. 

5 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

I got a little teary eyed reading this post. There are so many things I love about it. I love the picture of Presley at the Oktoberfest with you in the background and only your belly showing!! Adorable! Presley's school activities look like so much fun, what a great place you found for her. We miss you all and are so excited for what is to come for your family!

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

I ditto what Kerry said! I too LOVED the pic with Pres & just your belly in the background. :) That's so fun that you got to go be a part of her fall festival at school. She's so precious & cute as always! :)
Keep posting about baby David's progress. Can't believe it's almost time for the Smiths to become a family of FOUR!! Yay!

The Denney Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how warm it is there! I love the pumpkin :)

The Haynes Family said...

That dinosaur costume looks familiar... I think a certain cousin has a similar one ;) Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yep...just as I thought. She is the smartest and most precious one in the class. Her daddy always loved the fishing game and fall festivals too.....great job on the pumpkin!
Can't wait to see you all soon. Love love love!
G/Lea