Monday, October 3, 2011

Presley's Big Girl Bed

Last Friday, we moved Presley to a big girl bed!! We have been talking about this transition pretty much all summer. It took a while to decide what size bed we wanted to move her to and whether or not we were going to switch her room. We moved her to our old guest room and kept the crib in her old room for Baby David to inherit.

I got all her clothes moved into the new closet and dresser earlier that week. Then, when Cameron got back from South Carolina Friday, he set up her bed, moved the other furniture and hung all her pictures and shelves. It looks really cute and I'm so proud of what a big girl she has become.

I was so worried about her getting out of the bed to play or wandering through the house at night, but she has done so well! She hasn't gotten out once!! I caught her reaching from the bed to her dresser one time, but that has been it. She looks so tiny in this big bed!

*On a sidenote, we have started braiding her hair daily because her clips kept falling out at school. Presley calls them her "parades." It cracks me up and something I will always remember her saying... it's so sweet and innocent.
Here is her big girl bedroom!

Since we moved her, I've been working on Baby David's room. I just love his bedding and colors!

I'll be 36 weeks on Friday. This child is already so much more active than Presley ever was! We were sitting in church yesterday and you can just watch his movements through my belly. It's so funny to think he already seems to have such personality! I've been having lots of trouble sleeping - mostly due to his constant movements and the heartburn that has returned. I'm so anxious to meet him, though!! Not too much longer!

6 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

Presley's room is so cute. I love David's bedding also, Land of Nod right? Really cute.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

uhm I'm loving loving the parades!!!!!!! If I'd stop chopping all of Mia's hair off, maybe she'd grow some parades.. and I cannot believe you are already 36 wks? How did that happen.. it went by way too quickly..miss you !!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the rooms! Y'all did a great job. See you Thursday. Tell Lea-ley I have treats!

Love.
G

Anonymous said...

Presley I love your big girl bed. It is so purplicious!
Mallie loves baby David's room too. I can't wait for him to arrive! lovelovelove you both. mallie

The Haynes Family said...

very cute!!!! is Presley's bedding from Land of Nod too? It looks so familiar. Jackson has been in his big boy bed for a year now and it is no problem. I'm sure Presley will have no problem with a smooth transition :)

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

WOW!! Pres- your room & you are too CUTE!! That's great how you stay in your bed. :)
Can't wait for baby David's arrival!! So exciting!!