Monday, August 29, 2011

Family Vacation

We just got back from a great family vacation!! I've been talking all summer how I wanted to go to the beach now that we are so close again. We planned a trip for my birthday weekend and invited our parents and Rachel to come, too. We had a GREAT time!! I think everyone needed a vacation for different reasons. It was nice to get to relax on the beach and have no real agenda everyday. Cameron has been gone so much this summer, it was nice to get to spend some time with him and our little family. We went to Orange Beach, AL and will definitely be going back as often as we can!
You may remember when Presley and I went to PCB earlier this summer with Libby and Parker, Pres would not walk in the sand and didn't really even like sitting in a towel on the sand. It took a morning to get her a little adjusted, but by the afternoon and the second day - she was a pro! She even walked in the sand!! I was shocked and so proud of her! She ran in it and took a walk along with beach with Dallie by the afternoon. She did great and it was nice to see her enjoy the beach. She loved jumping the waves and being in the water with everyone.
Mallie is cheering her on for walking back to the towel from the ocean.
Enjoying her new beach chair from G and D.



Enjoying dessert one night after finishing her meal.
This is love.... Pres and Rere traded Todo for Minn Mouse one morning.
Presley and I enjoyed our virgin strawberry daiquiris out of the margarita machine that Dallie brought.
Mallie taught her to spit the salt water out when it got in her mouth- think that's what she was doing in this picture.



Cameron and I got to enjoy a dinner out on my birthday thanks to the 4 grandparents! I'm sure Presley wasn't spoiled at all when she went out to dinner with all them without us...


Enjoying some birthday cake

Playing in her princess dress

We had such a fun trip and are really thankful everyone made the drive down (especially Mallie and Dallie since it was a full 11 hour drive for them!) We are glad to spend time with each of you and get to relax a little bit! Hope to do it again in 2012 with Baby David!!

4 comments:

Lea Smith said...

We had such a great time!! I really missed our canopy time today when I went back to the real world. And...no snuggles from Presley!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

You look AMAZING.. we miss you 4 immensely.. think about you seriously all the time.. what a great trip and SOOO glad you were able to do this before the baby :) xoxo

The Denney Family said...

I'm so glad that ya'll had a good trip! Hope your birthday was great!

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Rach, what a FUN way to spend your birthday!! I'm jealous of your beach trip(s) this summer. Hopefully we'll make it with our kids next summer & I can ask you for recommendations. :)
I will second what Ash said...you look amazing!! Such a cute pregger mama that doesn't even look preggers. :)
Hope ya'll are great & you're feeling good still!! Miss you Hugs!