Monday, May 10, 2010

Playdates and Mother's Day

We had such a fun weekend! We started off with an impromptu playdate with Mia and her mommy, Ashley, on Friday afternoon. I don't know who had more fun, the babies or mommies :) We are super excited they live right around the corner from us now.



We call this Presley's Big Cheese! She is such a happy baby. We truly have been blessed with a happy, fun little girl. She's walking everywhere these days. It's hilarious to watch her walk cause she's still so short. She's gotten fast and uses it as her primary way of getting around now instead of crawling. She'll now follow me as I go from room to room during the day.
We had a fun Mother's Day weekend...that's right, I got a whole weekend! Cameron took us to the zoo on Saturday. Most of you know this, but I've been wanting to take Presley for a while now. She was so serious the whole time. She would point to the animals and say "Wow" or "Cool." It was cute to watch her take everything in.



Sunday we went to my parent's house and had an early dinner with the whole fam, including Amelia. I didn't manage to get one picture of me with my baby.... oh well. She looked precious is her dress.



It's funny...now that I'm a mom, I appreciate my mom so much more. I now notice her cooking and doing the dishes while the rest of us play cards or relax on the couch...things I will admit, I took advantage of in the past and never noticed. I guess I assumed the meal magically appeared on the table. Anyway, I want to say thanks to my mom for all you have done and continue to do for us. I know I can be hard on you at times when I want to be independent and want to do things by myself, but the truth is, I am so thankful that you are there to teach me new things and guide me through new phases of my life. I agree with Emily's blog 100%. I would love to one day be the kind of mom that you are to all of us. Thank you to all the great examples of good mother's I have in my life. I have learned so much from Lea, Grandmom, Keila, Lynn, Paulette, Julia, Emily, Charelette, and all my friends who are mommies. You have all been there for me for all my pregnancy questions and now all my parenting questions. Thank you!

Thank you, Cameron, for a wonderful weekend! And to Mal and Dal for a yummy, fun dinner last night.

4 comments:

Lea Smith said...

First of all, the big cheese had us rolling on the floor. She's adorable.

And...being a mother means your heart walks around outside your body for the rest of your life. And, the things your mother does, you'll do the same. You already do.
Love to all!

Anonymous said...

rachel,you are the most wonderful mother. i love watching how much you enjoy miss presley. you are so patient, kind and loving. it melts my heart when all presley wants is you. you were exactly like that at her age. we might also be seeing a peak of presley's independent side- like her momma! and dada! she does know what she wants :) dal and i are so very proud of you and cameron. you two make it look so easy to be such awesome parents. presley is certainly the best combination of you both- beautiful inside and out, happy, smart, a good eater, a great sleeper, very observant, the best performer and has the most wonderful smile. she lights up a room with her smile. cameron better get ready for all the boys that smile will attract!!she is a daddy's girl too, and seems to have him wrapped right around her chubby little finger! enjoy every moment with her and any siblings pres might have :) (couldn't help myself cameron ;) dal and i feel very blessed to part of your lives. lovelovelove, mallie

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

wowee..this had me all in tears. I love and adore this post so much and the pictures. We completely adore and love sweet little presley. Thanks Presley for being such a wonderful friend to Mia over this past year. We love hanging out w/ you guys and couldn't agree more w/ being over the moon happy living so close and having all of our many improptu playdates.

A Wassel said...

way to go prezzels! walking and talking. precious videos, made me smile. I liked the one where marge came in and started talking with her. awesome.