Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Our Vacation

While the kids were living it up in Texas, we finished packing the house and took a vacation of our own to San Diego. The movers left and we headed out for the weekend. Cameron booked us the best hotel, right on the bay, walking distance to Gaslamp District. It was AMAZING! And so nice to have a weekend just the two of us. 
 We walked along the bay after checking in and found this statue right next to the USS Midway.
 I absolutely love this city!! It's beautiful and great weather all the time!
 My bucket list includes the San Diego zoo so we set out Saturday morning to cross this one off my list. It was really cool. I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go. Don't tell our kids we went without them...
 A friend I worked with almost 7 years ago was staying at a hotel across the street, so we met for drinks before dinner that night. It was so great to see her!!
 We hit the beach on Coronado Island Sunday before heading home. I really love San Diego.
 I had to take a picture of David's favorite bridge we go under on our way there. 
 One final picture of our house.
 After San Diego, we started our trek to Texas, but detoured to Vegas for a few nights. We ran into Josh Harris from Deadliest Catch.  Another great trip, I'm so grateful we were able to enjoy ourselves and take our time getting to our babies. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to relax in the middle of a stressful move.
 The drive was long and tedious, but parts of it were so beautiful. Since we left from Vegas, we drove right past Lake Meade and the Hoover Dam.
 I love this picture. Fort Irwin is a very different place to live, but we really did enjoy our time there. We had a lot of great experiences and made some wonderful friends. It can be a very lonely place if you let it, but I can honestly say, I was sad to leave. 

No comments: