Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Recently

All our company left and Cameron returned to work last Wednesday. Things are going pretty well for us at home. I haven't planned too much, which seems to have worked out for the best! Presley finished up the last two days of Vacation Bible School (Cowgirl camp as she called it since it was cowboy themed). She absolutely loved it and was sad when it ended.  I was pleased that I was able to get her there and picked up on time with all the kids in tow! The night D and G left town, there was a BBQ at the church for all the VBS kids and families. It was my first outing with all three kids by myself, but I knew how beneficial it was for us to go because it got her mind off all our family leaving. She and David got to pet a horse, had their faces painted and ate hot dogs and watermelon picnic for dinner. It was fun, even if we were only there about an hour. Colorado summers may be my favorite time of the year in any city! It is amazing to sit outside and not be hot! I am so loving this weather and wish we could be outside all day, every day!!
 Anna is doing great and is still adored by Presley and David. She now joins in Presley's stories and songs before bed. Presley loves telling her a story and talking to her.
David is quite the little protective brother. He wants to "help" me with every task in regards to Anna. He loves to hold on to the stroller, car seat, hand me diapers when I'm changing her, throw her diapers away, bounce her in the bounce chair and give her back her paci (sometimes a little too forcefully) when she loses it. I do have to keep a close eye on him since he's such a big helper, but he's so sweet and has the best intentions when it comes to helping her. 
 After dropping off Pres at VBS, mommy needed coffee so we made a Dunkin run! David now eats "the big one" instead of donut holes. He loves his big donuts!
 Anna got her first bottle at 14 days old by daddy. He's given them all their first bottles. She was starving and I don't even think she noticed it wasn't me nursing her! She still eats every 2 hours and does not like to be late on her schedule.
 My 3 babies!
 These two have been playing so well together! It makes me so excited they will always have each other as siblings. 
We are enjoying our downtime this summer and watching the kids all bond with Anna!

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

so sweet rachel! love all your babies. very cute post. glad you all are adjusting. you're a pro at raising little ones :)

Lea Smith said...

They are so precious. Miss them! Thanks for a great trip. Can't wait to hear about their 4th. Raining here, so not much outside time.


Love, love!
G