Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Anna ~ 5.5 weeks

Anna is growing so quickly! She is five and a half weeks old today. We go back to the pediatrician at 2 months for shots and a weight check. I know she's gained some weight, though. She's growing out of all her newborn clothes and wearing the 3 months or 0-3 months. She's still got a beautiful head full of hair! She is starting to love her baths, though, especially when I wash her hair. She is now in a sleep sack since she was breaking out of her swaddle at night. None of my kids were swaddled for very long. They all like to sleep with their hands straight above their heads. She is sleeping pretty well. She goes to bed around 9pm and usually sleeps till 1am, then eats every 2-3 hours after that. She gets up for good around 7 or 8am. I can totally handle her schedule right now. She is getting a bottle every day or two. She naps well during the day and is still sleeping a lot between feedings. She is eating every 1.5-2 hours. 

She has also started smiling. I haven't been able to get a picture yet, but they are the sweetest smiles. It's usually followed by her cooing and talking quite a bit.  She makes great eye contact with us and seems to know when she's smiling.

I thought it was funny when I pulled up the recent pictures I've taken of her- they were all of her sleeping! Guess she sleeps more than I even realize!
Anna was born on Tupac's birthday so Rere sent her a Tupac onesie. What's funny is Nora was born on Biggie's birthday, so we got some coordinating pictures of them both in their gangster gear when the Barker's came to visit.
She loves her wubbanub pacifier and will crane her neck to get to it if it falls out. She has also started rolling! She rolled from tummy to back twice now. The first time I didn't even see- I had set her on the couch while I was making lunch and Emily was sitting next to her and watched the whole thing. She rolled the next time when I sat her on Presley's bed and I was amazed as I watched her instantly roll over. This definitely changes things! 

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

what a beautiful baby girl!!!! Still really can't believe you now have 3 kids, considering when you moved from here you weren't even pregnant with #2. haha love i! cannot wait to see y'all.

Kerry Hegele said...

9-1 is awesome! I love all the sleepy pictures, she's so sweet:)