Friday, January 4, 2013

David at 14 mos

I am working on my Christmas post, but I just realized I haven't done a good update on David in a while.

He is now 14 months old and developed quite the personality. He loves airplanes. Since we live close to the Air Force Academy, we see and hear them all day and he always stares outside saying "pla."   He loves to stack things and put the cookies in the cookie jar correctly. He loves to push around his cars and he loves to do laps around the house- through the living room, kitchen and dining room. He could do this all day, and in fact did at Christmastime at my parents and Cameron's parents' houses.  He eats great- gets 3 bottles a day: first thing in the morning, right before naptime around 11:30 and right before bedtime around 6pm. He usually eats a yogurt and cheerios for breakfast (right after his bottle!), eats lunch after nap around 1:30 usually of ham, cheese and any kind of fruit. He particularly loves pears and blueberries. For dinner, he'll eat whatever we're having but he loves scrambled eggs, spaghetti, and any kind of bean.

He is way too obsessed with his pacifier and will only take the wubbanub kind. I told myself after christmas I would only give it to him at bedtime and naptime, but he's had a fever and bad congestion so I've postponed that a little bit. He hasn't been a very sick child. He's had 2 bad stomach viruses, both since we've been in Colorado and bad congestion this week. Presley just got over strep throat so I'm thinking his congestion is somehow related.

He still only has 4 teeth- 2 on top and 2 on bottom. Hopefully, we will get some more sometime soon! He is starting to talk a lot. He can say ball (ba), brrr, mama, dada, pl (plane), ooohhh, doggie, da do (thank you), hi, bye bye. I think there are a few more, but those are his main ones. He signs hungry more (and says mo) and all done. Those are really the only signs I've taught him and Presley and they seem to be enough to help us communicate. He still loves to be outside and loves getting the mail with Cameron. He LOVES his daddy- I mean, really loves his daddy. He lights up when Cameron gets home every night and just wants to be held by him.

He currently weighs 18lbs, 13oz. He's still rear-facing in the carseat and doesn't seem to mind. I'm going to try to keep him that way till closer to age 2. He does however get very mad if I give Presley a snack in the car and not him... you cannot sneak food around this kid. He loves to snack, especially on puffs! He is so much fun to watch every day and has learned so much in such a short time. He adores Presley and is so sweet to her (unless she takes a toy from him, then he lunges in to bite her!) We'll have to work on that, as he hasn't bit her yet, but it's coming.

We will head to the doctor for a 15 month check-up so I'll post his stats later. Here's my sweet man with his rosy cheeks eating lunch today! He is such a happy little man!


1 comment:

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Rachel- Baby David is SO precious!! I see Cameron, you, & Presley all in him. :) Boys are a bit different than girls huh? Hope ya'll are great!!