Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby LaLa

We are expecting our third child in June! We actually found out when I was 8 weeks along, right after we had moved to Colorado. We could not be more excited!! Presley and David have had to go to a few of my early appointments with me while I was working on all their paperwork to stay at the daycare on post. Presley heard the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound before we had told her that I was pregnant... she quickly picked up on the fact that there was a baby in my belly. She was so excited. The whole car drive back home she kept screaming- We're having a baby! Baby LALA! So, the baby is now affectionately called LaLa. Presley loves talking to her and dreaming about holding her. She tells me all the time how she's going to give the baby a bottle and change her diapers. I am also referring to the baby as a girl and that's mainly cause Presley keeps saying she already has a baby brother, so she now needs a baby sister. I am trying to preach to her that we don't know yet what the baby is and it could be a brother to try to prepare her. Baby David, on the other hand, has no clue what is about to hit him. He will be roughly 19 months when the baby is born. I know I am in for a bit of a challenge with them being so close in age, but I think it'll be so nice to have them close when they're older.

I am finally feeling much better. The nausea and food aversions have lasted a lot longer this pregnancy. I have also been really tired in the early stages this time. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm chasing a 14 month old around the house. But, I finally have my energy back and am eating solid meals.

Here's baby Lala. We find out in just a few weeks what we're having and I cannot wait! I know Presley can't either...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mallie loves you baby Lala. I can' t wait to rock you :)

Emily said...

Yay, Lala hits the blog!! We are so excited to meet baby Trey's partner in crime :)

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

lol at Emily .. Yes, so so happy to have your official announcement. The "baby lala" name is too cute, Pres. Very happy and excited for your growing family.