Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bye Bye Babu

Presley had a major milestone on her road to becoming a big girl on March 2... she got rid of her babu (pacifier). Babu has been a lifesaver for her (and me) since she was born! Since she was about 1, we only gave it to her for nap and nighttime (and the occasional public meltdown).

On this morning, I got her out of the pack and play (since we were staying with my mom) and took her to potty. While she was sitting on the potty, she dropped it straight in the toilet! She went hysterical and screamed "Get it, Mama, Get it... Wash it, Mama, wash it!!" I proceeded to tell her, it was gone and we put it in the trash can. We kind of laughed about it all day and I'd ask her to tell people where babu went and she would say the Bathroom or the Potty.

Then came nap time.... I was so dreading putting her down and was fully prepared for her to not sleep and scream the entire time. Needless to say, I was shocked when she only cried for 5-6 minutes, then fell asleep. She did ask for babu several times and I just offered to pat her back. I felt so horrible taking the paci away in the midst of all the transition we were going through. We were living at my parents (and had been for a week) since our house was packed, then we left that Friday for Birmingham. She has done wonderful though!! I am so proud of this milestone in her life... trust me, this was a big one for us!!

In other news, we are still in Birmingham living at Cameron's parents. Cameron is working at Fort Benning, already, so we're getting to see him on the weekends. We are waiting on a house and hope to be settled soon. I am SO grateful for all our family over the past few weeks. It has been great to spend time with all of them and live with most of them :) We are so thankful that everyone has been helping us with so many things and giving us so much advice about moving, selling the house, etc.

3 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Presley.. so very proud of her... the anxiety for us moms is always way worse (eh hem, swaddling). proud of this milestone. ps - we miss yall SO much

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Way to go Pres!! I dread that day as well! Thanks for the update. We do miss you both very much!! Post some pics of you girls in Alabama/Georgia. :)

The Denney Family said...

OMG! I will have to tell Parker and maybe we can get rid of ours too! We have finally gotten her back to where we were before we left Texas (2 months ago)! I'm too selfish to give up naptime :).