Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

We were so glad to have all the Smith Family in town for Thanksgiving! Cameron smoked a turkey and Mal and Lea cooked up a storm. I wish I could say I contributed more to the kitchen, but it's not true at all. I woke up on Thursday with some pretty bad back pain. Thinking it was just normal stretching and the baby moving things around, we tried to go about the day and headed on to Mom's house. After we ate our Thanksgiving dinner, I still wasn't feeling so good. Cameron, Lea and mom took me to the ER when my pain got really bad. Turns out, I have two kidney stones :( One that has already worked itself out and one that they refer to as a ticking time bomb. The dr. recommended we spend the night so they could monitor my pain and make sure the baby was never in any stress. They eventually moved us up to the labor and delivery floor about midnight on Thursday night. I felt so bad that all the family had come in town to visit us and we had to leave for quite a while, but they were so nice about everything. We were very relieved that the pain had really subsided by Friday afternoon. My doctor came to visit me in the hospital and we decided that the pain level was low enough that I could go home. I was so relieved because the rest of the family was already in town and we were supposed to be hosting mom's birthday dinner at our house that night. Cameron did a great job hosting that night and cooking for all 17 of us! He was great throughout the whole hospital ordeal and slept on the tiniest cot I've ever seen in my life! We decided the plus side to this whole adventure is we really do like the hospital where we'll deliver in April. Here's some pictures of our Friday night dinner and baby Liam! He's getting so big, I just can't believe it, he's such a great baby. It was so fun to see everyone and we really are thankful we have such wonderful family. I didn't clean one dish or pick up one thing that night...thank you all so much for taking such great care of us and being so supportive! We're so glad everyone came in town to visit!!





1 comment:

Charelette Rae said...

We had such a great time...thanks for having us! I am so sorry about all your troubles, but Cameron was truly a trooper. I was quite impressed! I am glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see y'all at Christmas, hopefully with no hospital activity! Love y'all!