Monday, September 1, 2014

Catching Up

We've had a very busy few weeks in between Cameron's rotations. It has been SO nice having him home!! His schedule definitely allows for lots of family time when he's not in the field. The kids love having him take them to school and he even got to go to lunch with Presley and surprise her last week. Her teacher said she'd never seen Presley so excited. Presley loves wearing her school t-shirt on Fridays. Her school won the spirit award last week for the most kids in school shirts and colors. She was so excited because they won a popcorn party.
 David is obsessed with taking pictures on my phone. I loved this series that I found the other day. He is such a happy child. He just loves to play and laugh! I do enjoy having more one on one time with him while Anna is napping and Pres is at school. We didn't get a whole lot of one on one time when I was pregnant with Anna because I just didn't have much energy. I love making him laugh and crashing cars with him during the day.
 G and Big D got David an Auburn football uniform. He is obsessed and loves wearing the helmet all around the house.
 Presley drew this picture afterward for him. It has him in an Auburn uniform and the AU. She loves drawing things for everyone when something big happens.
 And then there's Anna-bug, who loves the picnic snack basket in the pantry.
 I love taking pictures of him sleeping... he's never in the same position. 
 Since Cameron was working last weekend, I took them out to Starbuck's for a treat. David devoured his entire rice krispie treat. 
 Grandmom got Presley and Anna matching dresses and they love being matchy. They looked so precious!
 Anna and David testing out the new double stroller I bought.
 So excited for an oreo. I will definitely miss this age. They are so easy to please and get so excited so often.  It's adorable!
 One of Presley's masterpieces- Jasmine and Belle.
 After we drop off Presley at school, I take David and Anna to the park to play before my workout class. It's still so hot here, this is really the only time we get to enjoy playing outside. They love the red park and Miss Samantha's park the best!
Anna now says, Ready, Set, Go before going down the slide.
 Cameron got to take David in to school last week. So sweet!
 Practicing our lowercase letters. Presley continues to impress me. She has homework every week and it's a decent amount. She is picking up her sight words really well. 
 She is also the best big sister! She takes such good care of David and Anna. She helps get them things, redirects Anna's walker if she runs into the wall and constantly is sacrificing a show so David can watch one of his. She has such a sweet heart and is such a giver!
 David's preschool had an Open House last week. I took Presley since it was Anna's bed time. She was so sweet to david. She told him, ok buddy you show me your school. I'm watching you.  It was great to watch David show her around his room and what interested him. He showed her his potty, his playground, his airplanes that he loves to play with. His teachers told me his favorite activity is to sit by the bookshelf and read and to play in the sand activity table. He loves the dump trucks and driving them around in the sand- no huge surprise for me. He loves trucks of all kinds.  I love hearing from his teachers about how he's doing and what he does at school.  I'm so grateful for a good school environment for him and friends his age. 
 After touring his room, the kids enjoyed dirt cake with gummy worms. 
 I got a great surprise from Presley's teacher Friday. She is being honored at an assembly for outstanding behavior on Friday at school. I cannot wait to see her surprise at being recognized for her outstanding behavior and attitude at school. I'm not surprised one bit because I've always known what an amazing child she is and how great she listens and follows direction. It's so nice to see her get recognized beyond me telling her and praising her. We are planning a big pizza party that night to celebrate!

No comments: