Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kindergarten and Preschool

Presley started kindergarten last week. I can't even believe we are already to this point... I feel like it's the beginning of the end. That the years will fly by now that she's officially started school. I'm so excited for her and to see her flourish. She is so ready for school and was so excited to start. She had a great first day! The second day was a little rough. She got a little anxiety in the cafeteria and outside at recess. She was worried she was going to get lost :( Breaks my heart, but everyday it's getting so much better. She's made some new friends and is starting to get into the routine. She loves school and loves when she gets Coyote Dollars for good behavior.  This is her first "homework." An All About Me poster so if she gets sad and misses me while she's at school, she can look at the pictures. It's actually worked pretty well the first few days. She said she looked at it and laughed cause I was probably feeding Anna crackers, doing the dishes and playing trucks with David. It was funny. 
 First Day!
 She got to pick her seat.
 Coming out in the pickup line.
 So happy to see her new friend, Taylor, on the playground.
 Beautiful picture she drew at school of our family.
 Then, today David started preschool!?! Where did the time go and how in the world did he turn from a baby into this sweet toddler! I am having a very hard time with him starting school. We toured his school Tuesday and today was his first day. He was so excited because they have toy airplanes, cameras and a playground right outside his classroom :) So easy to please! He went right in and grabbed the airplanes. He ran back over to hug Cameron and I then headed back for the toys. He told Mallie he was excited about school cause they had airplanes, cameras and a park outside with a tunnel that he can hide in. Such a fun, sweet boy. I'm so proud of him. He didn't even cry one tear this morning and had a lot of fun! He goes for 3 hours every Tuesday and Thursday. I'm glad I still get a few days to have him home and play with me and Anna. I'm excited for him to start school and make some new friends. I know it'll be good for him.

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

darn, I am shaking my head right along with you. sounds so cliche but I have NOOOO clue where the time went either. It's like some giant time warp. I mean it does seem like a long time ago that the big girls were playing with the water table, but overnight they are starting big school. Scary .. and like I said on my blog, they are tag teaming us .. one gets older, and the other(s) somehow do too. Sad. I hate change!!!

Anna said...

Rachel, I love reading your blog and seeing how you all are doing. Your kids are precious. I can't believe Presley is starting kindergarten. It's so fun to see what Anna is up to since George and she are the same age. George is not walking yet either. It sounds like Anna is quite the talker too. I am glad you and Kim could get together and have your kids play. I will be sure to update Bert.
Anna Bean