Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break

I was really looking forward to Presley's Spring Break this year and planning some fun activities for us. I was excited because I know once she starts kindergarten in the Fall, I won't get to have this play time with her throughout the day.  Friday - Pres was off school so we hit the zoo, Hobby Lobby then Olive Garden for dinner. Cameron went to Vegas with Nick and Daniel for Daniel's Baby Moon so the kids and I had a fun weekend. Saturday- it snowed most of the day so we just ran to Costco then back home. Sunday- we played in the snow!! Anna was not amused...
Monday we enjoyed a fun day with Daddy being off work. We played outside, watched a movie and got some housework done in preparation for our move this summer.  
Tuesday I took the kids hiking to Garden of the Gods. 
 Pikes Peak in the background
 We went over to the Trading Post where David hugged the bear...
 We stopped and got cheeseburgers on the way home. Both kids LOVE cheeseburgers!
 We played pin the nose on Olaf. It was supposed to be a surprise for her birthday, but I didn't really hide it well...
 Wednesday we had a dentist appointment, then Presley's friend come over to play. I wish I had taken pictures of them, Presley and Nora acted out the entire Frozen movie, with amazing details, while dressed as Elsa and Anna. I'm so glad she has a friend who is into Frozen as much as she is. It was really cute.

Thursday we went over to a friend's house and played with their chickens, baby ducks, baby geese and baby turkeys. Presley fell in love with the turkeys. We played outside and the girls did some painting. 

Friday we went to the Denver Aquarium with Julie, Sammy and Cora. It was a lot of fun and Pres was so excited we got to see the mermaids while we were there. Anna was not amused as I tried to feed her a jar of baby food as we toured the aquarium, but we made it work. She and her babu were covered in peaches by the time it was all said and done. We had a great time, though! We were all exhausted when we got back home.
 That night we put on our cardinal bird gear to cheer for the Louisville basketball team.
 Cameron had the kids Thursday night while I went out to a coffee and taught Anna how to high-five. It's her new favorite trick!
 Saturday we went to hike at Bear Creek. It's such a neat place with lots of trails. All of kids love to be outside and I'm so glad spring is finally here!

1 comment:

Lea Smith said...

Sounds like a fun week. You're a great mom! See you soon!