Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mallie and Dallie Visit

Mallie and Dallie came to Colorado the weekend after David's birthday to celebrate with us. We had a wonderful, long weekend with them. We actually didn't do a whole lot, but it was nice to hang out at home and Mal helped me finish some errands. They got in from Denver around lunchtime Friday and we all ate together then did David's presents. The kids were so excited to have them in town.
 He got a new fireman suit.
And a new backpack. He loves talking about school and always wears Presley's backpack. Now, he has one of his own.
 We watched the Auburn game early Saturday.
 Then, Mal, Presley, Anna and I went on a "date." Presley was so excited to go to a new Italian restaurant where she got salad and noodles and of course, dessert! We had a great night out while the boys stayed home with pizza and football.
 Sunday morning, Mal and Dal treated us to brunch at the Broadmoor Hotel. I have been wanting to go to this since we moved here. It did not disappoint! It was absolutely delicious!! Presley definitely got her money's worth-  I think she had 4 plates of food, a smoothie, OJ and water.  It is a beautiful hotel and had a beautiful view!
 Anna was not very good at brunch... she was overly tired and wouldn't cave in and sleep. I finally ended up putting her on the floor cause she loves to stretch out and she was finally happy. 
 Our date night in Old Colorado City with the girls.
 David helped me make pumpkin bread Sunday morning. He loves to come in the kitchen when he hears me cooking these days. 
 I pulled out Anna's jumperoo the other day. She isn't sold on it, but hopefully she'll love it in time. It's a good distraction for when I'm downstairs running on the treadmill. I did run my first 5K since having Anna today. It was a little harder than I expected- partly because it ended up being 3.6 miles, not 3.1!! and because I have only run 2 miles on the treadmill these days. I have yet to run outside or on an incline and this was a tough course, but I finished and that is all I wanted! 
 David now wears his backpack on days that Presley goes to preschool. He really wants to go to school these days... maybe next year!
 My big boy is still sleeping great without his babu. He has acquired a lot of stuffed animals, though, and takes roll call every night before bed and nap.
 One night when Cameron worked late, I attempted to bathe all 3 at the same time... this won't be happening agin. Anna was not amused and the other two were not happy to be squished in their half of the tub. It actually took me a lot longer than normal too to get them all through, so we'll stick with the two big ones first, then Anna. It was worth a shot, though!
 And finally, I will end with today- Auburn played Georgia today, it was a huge game for us! Anna was ready in her gear, as were the rest of our kids. Presley is convinced her Aubie hairbow is magic and helps Auburn win so she was sporting that today, too! Auburn pulled out a huge victory in the last few seconds of the game! It was unbelievable. We had our friends over and Cameron screamed so loud, Presley hid in the bathroom, the babies (Cora and Anna) were screaming and Sammy was clinging to his mom crying saying he wanted to go home. It was hilarious and awful at the same time. We are so proud of our Auburn Tigers! Presley and David have quickly fallen in love with Auburn just like their daddy! They love Aubie and love shaking their shakers during the game.

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

I read the last paragraph to Matt just now and we were both cracking up. We almost texted yall last night at that part of the game. Matt's buddy who went to Georgia said "sadly I will see that play the rest of my life". Great job Auburn - pretty darn impressive. We miss y'all! SOOOO proud of you for your 3.6. No easy task at all - I know how much you missed running though. Can't wait to see you soon.