Monday, June 17, 2013

Baby Anna

Anna Elizabeth Smith made her arrival June 16, 2013 at 2:06am. She is so perfect and we couldn't be happier!!  I started having contractions Saturday afternoon at about 5:45pm. They were about 4 minutes apart and started to get painful on our drive to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, I was only dilated to 4cm so they had us walk for an hour to help me progress. We were admitted to Labor and Delivery at 9pm and she was here at 2:06am.  She has a head full of hair (that Cameron says you could almost braid- it's so long)! She is 7lbs, 1oz and 20" long. She is so perfect in every way!
 
Mallie and Dallie were in town to help us with the kids. Dal stayed home that night so Mallie could come up to the hospital and meet Anna.
First bath
 
 Cameron got the best Father's Day gift possible!
My parents brought the kids up to the hospital the next day. Presley is absolutely in love with Anna. She sat on my bed staring at Anna, just speechless. I asked her if she liked the name Anna Elizabeth for the baby and she replied, "It's perfect, Mama." She is the sweetest, kindest little girl I have ever met. She is so excited to have a new sister and is so caring and considerate to both her siblings. I could not be more proud of her. Poor David has come down with a little virus. He had thrown up that morning. We let him come to the hospital cause at the time he had perked up and seemed like he was ok. They didn't stay very long, as he started to look pitiful again. Presley held Anna for a while and stared at her. David stares at Anna, smiles and says, "Baby."  He enjoys hearing her make noises and watching her sleep.
 So thankful my parents were here to take care of the kids and meet Anna. 
We can't wait for G and D to get in town!!
 Cameron didn't get much rest or relaxation this Father's Day, but I don't think he minded one bit.  He did get to celebrate with the kids at the hospital. Presley filled out a survey all about her daddy.  My children really have the best dad! He spent the night rocking Anna to sleep and snuggling with her. He is so amazing with Presley and David every day! He loves them so much and they light up every night when he gets home. Presley always tells me she's sad when Daddy goes to work. She gets so excited Friday nights when he tells her that he doesn't have to work the next day. David is Cameron's little shadow. He loves Cameron so much and he loves doing things with him- from building a fire to watching Cameron grill. David just lights up when Cameron comes in the room. I always knew Cameron would be a great husband to me, but he has really amazed me with what a great dad he is. Happy Father's Day! Thank you for blessing me with our three kids and taking such great care of our family! We all love you so much!
Of course, we had Dunkin Donuts in the hospital and Anna wanted to get her first taste... 
 Ready to head home in the same outfit that Presley wore and the same Auburn socks David and Presley wore home. 
We stayed in the hospital until Monday morning. Anna weighs 6lbs, 10oz today so we're pleased she hasn't lost too much weight at this point. We are excited to be back home with Presley and David. When we got home, they were waiting at the door screaming, "Anna, we're waiting for you." I think David is on the mend from whatever he was fighting and Presley could not be sweeter to Anna. She even shared her precious Minnie with Anna! That is true love right there! We are excited to have our parents all in town to help us transition and spend time with all our kids!
Presley decorated the mantle welcoming Anna home.
Best Big Sister!

4 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

Brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful post Rachel. Love the pictures of Anna with you where she is totally looking at you, so sweet! Love that curly black hair. Enjoy the time with both families and your new family of 5. A big congrats!!!

The Denney Family said...

Precious, Precious!! Can't wait to meet baby Anna! Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears looking at these perfect kids and reading your tribute to my son. He is wonderful....and married a loving, kind, selfless wife and mother.
I can't wait till Thursday. I have a suitcase full of presents!
Tell Jill to get the cards ready after all of you are in bed.

Love, love, love!
Lea/G

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

ditto what kerry said!!! tears in my eyes, too. NO doubt presley will make the best big sister. she has always been so sweet and nurturing. I cannot wait to meet this new baby in September. So happy for you and Cameron. xoxoxox