Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Snow and Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day! Presley is really into holidays and that just makes them so much more fun! She got packages and cards from all our family. She loved doing Valentine's Day crafts and even told me I should have decorated the fireplace for Valentine's Day.... maybe next year. Anyway, we got a big snow storm early that week so we stayed home on Monday and did Valentine's crafts (thank goodness for pinterest!!!) and played in the snow.  We actually haven't played in the snow too much because the wind chill will make it like 5 degrees outside. However, this week it wasn't too bad at all so I took her out while David napped. She had a ball, especially when I told her you can eat snow. 
 
I need to go buy David some snow boots so he can join us next time.  Presley has always been so helpful to me- setting the table for dinner, randomly cleaning all her toys up, helping David. However, one night at dinner, I was cleaning up the dishes and he just was fussy so she went over and started feeding him, all on her own. I was so amazed and he loved it, cleaned his whole plate! I know how much I appreciate all her help, but on this day, it really meant so much to me! She is such a wonderful big sister and is so excited to have a baby sister to teach.
 I didn't get any great pictures from Valentine's day morning, but here's some snapshots of them with their presents. David got a new, squishy football, some cheetos and small toys. Presley got a new drawing pad, some princess candy and new valentine's socks.
 David and I went to her school for her Valentine's day party later that day. She, again, was so sweet to him. He didn't want any of the treats I had packed for him and began eating right off her plate of food! Thankfully, she started tearing up little bits and handing them to him, she didn't even get upset. She loves how much he enjoys being at her school and waves to him each time we drop her off. They are such sweet siblings.
I just have to post this picture to document our doves.  After my grandmothers died, my mom randomly would see two doves sitting together. Since we moved to Colorado, we have two doves that sit outside our backdoor of the kitchen all day, almost every day. We always say it's nana and granny hanging out together. It's so nice to see they found me in Colorado and are watching over me and the kids. I always wished my kids and Cameron could have met my grandmothers. They were such wonderful, sweet women who taught me so much. I miss them terribly, but it's so nice to think they are together in heaven with grandpa and getting to watch my family. 

3 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

great post!! love the sweet examples of how amazing of a big sister presley is. she will love looking back on those stories

Anonymous said...

The girls were in Texas yesterday sitting on our hot tub decking! I noticed them at your house when I was there in late January. Makes me smile to to know they are not missing anything:)

Anonymous said...

What a precious big sister she is. And....I love the doves. I know that is your grandmothers making sure all is well. Mine does too.

Love!
G