Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Birthday

We celebrated my 30th birthday a few weeks ago in Birmingham. Cameron did really well planning my birthday and even baking me an apple cake just like my Nana used to make me every year on my birthday.
 Lea also got me a yummy chocolate cake from Edgar's!
 We had a fun weekend full of celebrating and my favorite restaurants! Cameron and I went out Saturday night to a nice dinner and capped off the night with a Babies R Us run for food for David. I think I bought one box of rice cereal and maybe two boxes of oatmeal for Presley the entire time she ate jars and cereals. He has gone through at least three of each if not more...
 
I must say, our kids are great travelers!! They now entertain each other in the car. Presley will show David her DVD or whatever game she is playing and he just watches her and tries to talk back. They just started holding hands... it reminds of when Liam and Pres used to do this.
 David's eating is going well. I just started him on the baby mum mum's and he really likes them! They buy me some time to usually eat my food. He is eating three meals a day with some good solids thrown in the mix. He is now taking two naps a day, first one around 11 and the second one around 3pm. He goes to bed at 7pm and usually gets up between 7 and 8am. He does still wake up once through the night to eat, but hoping that will end soon. I actually just this week switched him to formula. I had tried formula in August when we were in Texas, but he refused to take it. I've noticed my supply seems pretty low and since he needs to put on some weight, I just decided to completely wean him and get him exclusively on formula. He fights it a little, but it getting better with each bottle. Today, he stood on his own for like 20 seconds. I think he will be walking soon. He still doesn't have any teeth.  I'm sure they will come soon.  He is such a happy kid. We call him the wrecking ball because he still terrorizes Presley when she is calmly playing and will just knock over anything she's working on. He loves to be in the middle of all the action.
I have to brag on Presley for a minute... she is doing so well with writing. I taught her how to spell her name earlier this summer and we've been practicing writing it and other letters. She came home from school the other day to show us how she wrote her name on the top of the paper. I was so impressed and proud of her!! She loves to write P's, e's and S all over her paperwork at school now. 
 In other news, Cameron graduated the Career Course last week. David and I attended the ceremony while Pres was at school.  We are so proud of Cameron and all the work he put into this course. We are now getting ready for our next adventure and him to take command.

No comments: