Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day weekend

I've had a really nice Mother's Day weekend! Unfortunately, Cameron and Presley have both been pretty sick. Presley's thankfully over hers, but she passed it on to Cameron Friday. We've been snuggled up in the house watching a lot of movies. Last night, we watched Tangled. Presley watched the entire first hour completely enthralled with the princess and castles.

We also played out side yesterday with her water table and the sprinkler. She had a BALL! It was really our first day of hot weather.

She's been watching Sid the Science Kid and learned what a magnifying glass was. Yesterday, she told us she was looking at the bugs with her magnifying glass (mirror). It's so neat to watch how her little mind soaks up information she hears once or twice.

Cameron's parents and Rachel came in town today for our Mother's Day brunch at the Officer's Club. It was really nice... Presley and I may not be invited back to a buffet. She ate one really good plate of veggies and meat. Then, she found the dessert/doughnut table and there was no turning back. I think she had 4 plates of desserts! Her favorite was the pretzel sticks dipped in the chocolate fountain, her powdered doughnut and the eclair.




Having a dance party with Rere at the house.

I've had a great Mother's Day!! I wish I could've seen my Mom, but I'm glad she had a nice brunch with the rest of the family. Thank you to all the great moms who are role models in my life. Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

happy mothers day sweet friend! i've learned a lot about motherhood from YOU over the past few years :) what a great role model you are for me - xoxo... see you soon

The Denney Family said...

How fun! I have MANY great memories of the Officer's Club there, we used to go on Sundays with my grandparents! SO glad that ya'll had a good day :)