Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Smith #2

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting our second baby. I wish I could post our ultrasound pictures from today on here, but we don't have our scanner/printer set up. We got to see the baby and he/she was moving all around for part of the pictures. We were able to see the two halves of the brain, the knees, feet and hands and hear the heartbeat.

Presley went to see the ultrasound and was a little distracted while we were all watching the computer screen. We told her that was the baby and she said it was her baby brother... guess we'll see! She goes back and forth on that a lot. Usually, she says it's a baby sister, though. We will definitely be finding out what we're having around 18-22 weeks.

I've been pretty nauseous, but hoping that goes away really soon. Shockingly, all that sounds good is chocolate and carbs. Poor Presley watches me eat a Snicker bar almost daily each morning. She asks for bites and I tell her it's mommy's medicine... I feel horrible, but literally it's all I can stomach first thing in the morning. Once I get something in my stomach, I feel a lot better. I'm almost 12 weeks so we're excited to be moving into the second trimester and hoping all the nausea is gone soon!

5 comments:

Anna Bean said...

So excited for you guys!!! Hope you start feeling better soon! Congratulations!!

The Haynes Family said...

Love the blog-makeover! Glad you are getting close to the end of the first trimester - hopefully you'll feel better soon :)

Charelette Rae said...

Yay! We are so excited! Do you have a nickname for baby #2 yet? Pres is going to be the best big sister! Can't wait to see y'all friday!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

congrats to you three, soon to be four... presley will be awesome. enjoy the pregnancy - it goes by TOO fast

Elaina said...

Awww Presley, she's going to be great! I think it's so funny that Presley is a few weeks younger than Carter, and it sounds your Baby #2 will be just a few weeks younger than ours again! Hope you start feeling better soon!